Thursday, December 25, 2014

I Love Christmas...Flaws and All

Since my last three Christmas posts have been relatively negative, I want to make positive one. After all Christmas is the most joyous season. Even though I believe the flaws in life need to be voices, the blessings need to be cherished. So I wanted to make an outline of all the reasons I love Christmas.
1.       The classics
i)       The movies and the happiness they bring 
ii)    The decorations
(1)   The tree and ornaments 
(2)  Stockings
(3)  Poinsettias
(4)  Manger Scenes  
iii)  The fires
iv)   The crazy shopping
v)     Wrapping gifts  
vi)   The Christmas Songs
(1)   Hark the Herald Angles Sing
(2)  Silent Night
(3)  The First Noel
(4)  Come All Ye Faithful
(5)  Away in A manger
(6)  Do You Hear What I Hear
(7)  Little Drummer Boy
(8) Mary Did You Know
(9)  O Holy Night
vii)Jesus’s Birthday
2.      It is the season of giving
i)       The Salvation Army Bell
ii)    The charity fundraisers at my school
(1)   For Kids with Cancer
(2)  Gifts for underprivileged kids
iii)  The charities everywhere
iv)   Compassion everywhere
v)     Buying gifts for the ones you love
vi)   Putting a lot of thought into the gifts for your loved ones
vii)The amazing feeling you get when you find the perfect gift
viii)          My parents willingness to give so much
ix)   The love behind every gift they give   
x)     God’s first and most precious Christmas gift
3.      Love is impossible not to see
i)       People are unusually kind to one another
ii)    Entertainment romanticizes this love
iii)  You have a heightened sense of love for the people you are with
4.      Being with the ones you love most dearly
i)       The Christmas Eve party we have at our house every year
ii)    The two fantastic families we spend Christmas Eve with every year. There is much laughter and happiness.
iii)  Going to visit my extended family
iv)   Having a Christmas Party with my friends who are so great
v)     Spending Christmas day with my wonderful, fun, funny, kind, and loving family.
5.      So much Joy. It is so hard to make yourself sad on this glorious day and season.
6.      It is a month long birthday party for Jesus
               
I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas :)  

1 comment: