Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mom

I was looking through the updates for my blog and saw that I someone commented on one of my posts. I was supper excited, so I checked and it read “I love your blog JJ”. I looked to see who posted it and was someone named “Mom”. I bet it would be expected of me (a teenage girl) to be disappointed to see that the first comment I received on my blog to be from my Mom, but this wasn’t the case. It reminded me of what a great Mother I have. It showed me that she is my number one fan, and I often take that for granted. She is always so supportive of my decisions, goals, and achievements and I am so grateful that I have her as a Mother.
                My Mother often openly expresses her love for our family. Because my Mother never fails to tell me, my sisters, and my father that she loves us, she makes me feel supported, and thankful that I have such a great family. She always puts herself last, and works incredibly hard to make sure that the family is running smoothly. She also works a full time job, but she ALLWAYS puts the family first, and she makes sure that she has enough time to help us. I admire her effort and dedication, and someday I hope to be as great and selfless of a Mom as she is.
                What I am most grateful for is her strong faith and relationship with God. I honestly believe that I wouldn’t have the relationship I have with God today if it wasn’t for her strong faith and encouragement throughout my faith journey. I just want to let her know how grateful I am.
                I thank God every night that I have such a wonderful life, but I realize that a big reason why I have such a great life is because of my Mom and all she has done for me. So today I revise my prayer. I want to thank God for giving me such an amazing Mother. I can’t imagine my life if she wasn’t my Mom. Thank You.
                Thank You Mom for all you have given me. I am truly grateful. I know I don’t say this enough, but I love you.  Happy Mother’s Day. 

2 comments: